Friday, March 11, 2011

Posts need titles too!

Geez...I just figure out a title for my blog and I come on here to right my first post and I have to figure out a name for that too!  This blogging stuff is definately going to take some getting used to, its kind of easier to stalk other peoples blogs.  :) But, hey I have thoughts and goals too and I need somewhere to get them all out.  Oh and I need to be held accountable, so when I tell you my goals hold me to them!

I bet you're wondering if I really think I'm a supermama.  Well the answer to that is no, not most days.  But you know what?  My daughter thinks I am and in my world thats all that matters.  My older daughter, Devin, is the one who named the blog.  She's a pretty smart (almost) 4 year old.  I told her I was writing a blog and I asked her what I should name it.  After I explained what a blog is (and no I don't think she actually gets it)and that mine would be mostly to chronicle my running and training she told me Supermama.  I thought about it for a while, as in like a whole day and all of a sudden it came to me.  Devin is always cheering me on when I'm running or working out and she says "go mama go!"  So there it is, isn't she the best?

My number one reason for starting this blog (aside from feeling like an actual adult for a couple minutes a day) is because of my running goals.  I plan to PR in the half marathon this May when I run the Boston Run to Remember.  I want to run sub 1:35, my PR is 1:37:01.  Its kind of scary to write it down because that means I HAVE to do it.    Well I guess only if anyone actually reads my blog. HA.  Ok, and the next goal after that is to complete my first full marathon in October in Portland, ME.  So, follow me and help me to reach my goals!

I'll leave you with a couple yummy recipes I've made in the past couple days.

PUMPKIN BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE

1 banana
1/4 pumpkin (I guestimated)
1/2 Cup of soymilk (or whatever kind you use)
1/2 Cup of water
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I'm using Jillian Michaels whey protein)
a few ice cubes
a generous sprinkle of cinnamon

Blend it all up and enjoy!  I know I did!

PUMPKIN BANANA OATMEAL

1/2 banana
1/4 Cup of pumpkin
1/2 Cup of milk
(heaping) 1/4 Cup of oatmeal
a generous sprinkle of cinnamon

Heat the milk, pumpkin, and banana until boiling.  Add oatmeal and cinnamon and lower the heat.  Cook to you liking.

*This is the serving size I make for a single serving for each of my girls, you may want to adjust.

2 comments:

  1. I am officially obsessed with your blog!! GIRL YOU ARE GORGEOUS AND YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!! I KNOW you can get that 1/2 pr....you are already speed lightning. I get so sick of think of posts titles too ha! YAY for new blog bff's! Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You are too sweet and you just made my day because someone actually read my blog! :) Hope you'll follow!

    ReplyDelete