Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Workout Wednesday & A Couple Fun Fall Crafts

Today I have a fun workout for you and a couple fun craft ideas for your kids!  And if you don't have kids, open a bottle of wine during after your workout and use the cork to make your own craft! Or not....

Anyways, if you are like me and looking for something to entertain your kid(s) during a workout, dinner, etc.  Here are a couple simple crafts I found on Pinterest:

Busy Mom's Helper: Family fun, food, recipes and crafts.: 12+ Fall Crafts for KIDS
Source

Popsicle stick scarecrows (Fall)
Both of these crafts are pretty self explanatory and once you get the kiddies set up with all of the materials you need, you can do your workout!  I'm sure there will still be interruptions, but I still figure its a win/win situation.

Here is the workout I did today:

15 Deadlifts
10 Spidey Push-ups
10 Forward and then side Lunges (on each side)
10 Clean and Press
15 Butterfly Sit-ups
10 Push-Press
15 Toe Touch Abs

Repeat 3-5x or use it as an 20 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible).  The key is to keep your heart rate up the entire time by taking no/short rest.

I used a barbell for the deadlifts, lunges, clean and press, and push press but you can easily sub dumbbells.  I ended up doing it 4x today.  I'm trying not to push it too much with my knee right now.

What workout did you do today?  I'm jealous of anyone who got to run! :)

6 comments:

  1. I didn't run. I am jealous of anyone who ran too.
    Cute crafts, love the wine cork thingy idea for painting. Always good to have the kids busy when trying to workout, that is usually when mine decide to have a fight over something ridiculous. so frustrating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine do that any time I'm busy! Time to cook dinner, workout, or make a phone call and they fight right on cue :)

      Delete
  2. ps you won my Perky Jerky giveaway check out my blog today and email me your info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Wed I did an AWESOME run workout! after the warm up I did 8k at 90% of my 5k pace, which was pretty tough! After that I did 5 x 400m at 105% of my 5k pace, not quite as hard!

    ReplyDelete