Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Track Workout Tuesday!

Woohoo!  I'm beginning my 5th week of training, which means I'm half way to RACE DAY!  That is so exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time.  To know that the race is this month definately puts some more fire under my butt!  Which is why I am so excited to have my first track workout today!  I had some arch pain last week, and so Tara advised me to cut down my miles over the weekend (I was scheduled for a 4 miler and a 7 miler and only did one 5 miler) and to do a lot of icing and stretching.  It didn't bother me much on my 5-miler on Sunday, so I'm hoping it will be good to go today.  I'm going to warm-up for an extra mile or so because it usually bothers me at the beginning of a run and then goes away.  It is probably due to the fact that I need new shoes, and I've asked for them for Mother's Day, so hopefully I can get through this week and get my new shoes and be done with any pain!  I know its sort of funny to be excited about a track workout, but its been so long since I've done one, I'm excited to switch things up!

So far this week:

Monday: XT, I did the push-up challenge 5 sets of 21, 25, 21, 21, 34=122, and I did 3 sets of 10 (assisted) pull-ups, and 3 sets of 15 dips, and took a walk with my girls.

Tuesday: Track workout , 7 mi., 2.5mi warm up,  5X600m repeats at 5K pace or 2:10 splits, 300m recovery; 1.5 mi cool down.

I will definately give you a recap of my track workout over tonight or tomorrow, I probably won't love it as much as I think I will! HA!

Do you love or hate speedwork?

We got most of our seeds planted this weekend for our garden (and by we I mean Devin and Shawn planted them).  I'm so excited for our garden, I love having fresh veggies at home!

Here's a couple pics of them on our sun porch ready to grow:


We've got lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, green beans, sugar snap peas, cantaloupe, sunflowers, and we still need to plant carrots, peppers, eggplant, pumpkins, and some herbs.  :)

Do you have a garden?  Am I missing anything yummy in mine that I should add?

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love speedwork. Ladders are my favorite - 400. 800, 1200, 1600, 1600, 1200, 800, 400. Delightful.

    I do have a garden, and we get most of our food during the summer from it. The only other things we have are green beans, butternut squash, and herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your cute seedlings!
    We're doing a garden this year for the first time. We planted 4 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes, 3 kinds of lettuce, red, yellow and orange pepper, 2 kinds of spinach, arugula, zucchini, swiss chard, cucumber and sunflowers for fun. That is all in raised beds. Then on the porch in containers we have strawberries, lemon balm, cilantro, dill and basil.

    I'm going to start Run Less, Run Faster for my September half, so we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete