Monday, May 23, 2011

4 More Runs

We got a virus on our computer last week, so we had to drop it off to get fixed.  What a pain in the butt!  All is good now, and hopefully it will stay that way.  So anyways, that is why I haven't been posting or keeping up in bloggy world, but I'm back. :)

I am 6 days away from race day, and I only have 4 more runs.  I am ANXIOUS!!!  Last week was a lot better of a training week than the week before.  I was feeling a lot more positive, and my head was in the right place.  I replaced my track workout with 4x1/4 mile hill sprints because I couldn't make it to the track.  Its been really tough for me to fit in the track work, but I think I've done really well with finding an alternative and getting it done.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again because I think it is SO important-you need to be flexible with your training.  Remember that a training plan is not set in stone, it is a guideline.  Yes, it is important to get in most of your miles and its super important to push yourself.  But you will feel a lot better if you focus on what you did and not on what you didn't.  There is always tomorrow, so if you miss a run or have a bad run, just push it that much harder the next day.

Friday was my rest day so I was ready to rock on Saturday morning.  I got up and did a bodyrock workout right away, it looked like this:

 4 minutes of 10 sec rest, 50 sec max reps of:
  • Crab Toe Touch, max. reps
  • Dive Bomber, max. reps
2 minutes of back to back (no rest)
  • Jump Lunge, 10 sec. max. reps
  • Mountain Climber, 10 sec. max. reps
 4 minutes of 10 sec rest, 50 sec max reps of:
  • One Leg Hot Attack Exercise, max. reps
  • Thigh Shrinker Exercise, max. reps
 2 minutes of back to back (no rest)

  • Jump Lunge, 10 sec. max. reps
  • Mountain Climber, 10 sec. max. reps
That workout rocked my legs, and then I went right out and did 4x1/4 mile hill sprints with a 2-mile warm-up and 2-mile cool down.  It was hard, but I felt awesome after.  I came in and did 5x10sets of plank push-ups on the stability ball and hand to foot passes with the stability ball.  It was one of those days when you just feel so awesome after your workout.  



Sunday was my final long run before race day and it was a 12.16-mile run.  It felt really good.  It was super hilly, and I'm really hoping all these hills are going to make me faster during my race.  We'll see on Sunday!

I haven't done a move of the day for a little bit, so here is one of my fav ab exercises:

Hand to Foot Stability ball Pass

Lie on your back, with your legs extended on floor. Hold the ball with both hands, and extend arms back over your head. Raise arms and legs toward each other, lifting your head and shoulders as you do. When your hands and feet are directly up, transfer the ball to your feet, then lower your arms and legs back to the floor. Repeat, this time switching the ball from your feet to your hands at the up position. That's one rep. Do 8-10 Reps.  Repeat 3x.  You can always add more reps or sets.  I got the following photos from Good Housekeeping (the only place I could find good ones).





What is your favorite ab move?  

Do you focus on abs individually or just work them in your overall body workout?
I don't usually focus on abs individually because they get enough work in my bodyrock workouts or in many of the functional moves I do (push-ups, burpees, sandbag squats, etc,).  Every now and again I will do an online workout focusing just on my abs so they can get a good burn. :)

Have a great Monday!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool move, one that I've never heard of! I'd have to say that planks are my favorite, for some reason, but core work in general has always been at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin wishing you the best luck this weekend!! You so have this race!!!!! I have been following your training-you're stellar!!!

    This ab move is killer! Love it! I'm a pushup to plank fan!

    ReplyDelete