Sunday, October 27, 2013

Spectating IS a sport.

I feel like I have been checking the internet all day for race times.  My marathon may have been last weekend, but I anxiously awaited friend/fellow blogger times today.  And it was a rocking day for all.  Lots of PR's to be had!  My coach Tara ( http://www.askcoachtara.com/ )ran a PR and amazing time today at the Marine Corp Marathon.

I on the other hand have run 1 mile in the past week.  You read that right, just 1.  I have been having a lot of knee pain since the Baystate Marathon.  I'm not sure what it is, but I'm hoping it goes away.  I have lots of goals to meet and this isn't going to help.  I know one thing for sure, I will rest/ice until I am pain free.  I have until the spring until I really need/want to meet my goals.  I will be so bummed to loose the fitness I have gained, but I'd rather get better than worse.

Speaking of goals, I have a few set in stone that I'd like to share.  That way I am forced to make them happen :)

*Sub 1:35 half marathon

*Sub 3:30 marathon

*Sub 20 minute 5k

None of these are a huge stretch for me, except maybe the 5k goal.  But I still know it is doable if I train right.  I know that I need more speed work and more miles in general.  So I'm going to figure out my knee and spend the winter working on speed and into the spring I'll work on endurance.  This last marathon left me feeling so empowered, and I know my training so I know I can do better.  Watch out 2014, I've got you in my sights!! :)

What is your biggest goal right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment