Monday, November 11, 2013

"Land of The Free Because of The Brave"

I love that quote.  I'd just like to take a moment today to thank all of those who have served and are currently serving our country.  I got to spend the day with my favorite vet:

The girls and I baked him some homemade chocolate chip cookies and they made him a card.  It was an unplanned day off from work for him and I am glad he got to have it.  (and we got some unexpected family time.)

My other favorite military man is still serving in overseas, but we are expecting him home (early) sometime in the beginning of December.  My brother Kevin is serving his second tour in Afghanistan and I can't wait to have him home for good.

                                                 ( Kevin & I at our brother Jack's wedding)

And my brother in law Thomas is also currently serving our military:
                                          (My beautiful little sis & her hubby (Thomas) )

And of course a I'm thinking of my Pa.  He has passed (my girls and I miss him all the time), and he was a vet as well. 

                                  (My Pa with cori when she was a baby, wish I could go back!)


I am so thankful to each of them and each and every man & woman that serves our country!

Is anyone special to you a part of our military?

No comments:

Post a Comment